8.29.2011

DIY Wedding {flowers}

I am NOT a florist. I don't even attempt to be a flower arranger for my own house.  So, when I decided to do all my wedding flowers on my own...commence sweat!  I talked with a couple different floral companies and individuals, who really did help me.  However, still out of my budget!  So, I was able to use a wholesale flower company in downtown Cincy and create my mental picture!

I used hammered items throughout our wedding {rings, centerpieces, buckets, flower holders}.
When I found these hammered flower holders....holy excitement!!
I knew then, doing the flowers myself might just work.
I researched/priced out all the flowers I wanted to use that would be in season.

Here they are:

Green Button Mums
Green Fuji/Spider
Green Dianthus (love these)
Mini Green Hydrangeas
Green Hypericum Berries

My sweet helpers came the day before the wedding to put all my ideas (and theirs) together!
..Enjoy..





I wasn't sure how it was turning out....and I don't hide my emotions...

considering a new career path in floral!!

My bouquet and our shoes

love the green!

Mother's bouquet

Bouquets and men's boutonnieres
For our ring bearer, his mother (my pianist and long time friend) made him a boutonniere out of fabric...precious! My flower girl carried a homemade holder for petals!


For the alter, we choose to purchase two topiaries (my fave) and then we wanted to plant them outside our front door after the wedding.  I found them here in OH (my home state) and I found out they had been grown in OR (my hubby's home state), so I knew they were the ones!

I ended up loving doing my flowers (in the end once they were gorgeous).  They ended up being much easier than expected and since I didn't do centerpieces including flowers...I was able to handle it all! 
~thanks to my flowers helpers, couldn't have done it without you~


{Kate}

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I too was concerned about your having time to do all your flowers...but they turned out absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!