6.10.2011

Our anniversary...

June 12, 2008 : We met.
June 12, 2009 : We got engaged.
June 12, 2010: We got married.


Kirk and I have a very special day. I was shocked when he proposed to me on our one year anniversary of dating in 2009.  When we got around to figuring out a potential wedding day, we realized that June 12, 2010 fell on a Saturday. We went with it.   

I like many different styles, themes, and ideas but I felt that I first needed an overall vision before moving on with the planning. I immediately got out my sketch book and started an idea board full of colors I love, flowers that make me smile, and traditions that mean so much to me. I also thought about what kind of wedding I wanted so I made a list of words : intimate, warm, meaningful, spiritual, creative, fun.  Kirk and I sat down and discussed what was most important to us (good food, making our guests feel special, music, dancing, honeymoon, and making it personal and full of love) and what we could do without ( doves, white shoes, and the electric slide)  and most important: BUDGET.

We got some engagement photos taken and shared some important information with guests six months before our wedding on our wedding website. Check it out at : www.mywedding.com/kirkandtracy

Six months prior we also sent out 'save the date' cards and I'll share those in my stationary week blog! We also had the church, reception venue, dress and suit, DJ, photographer, and florist booked. WHEW!

one of my sketch book pages full of ideas and inspiration.

my favorite engagement picture

engagement pictures = great practice for wedding day!









No comments: